Of the Greatest UNMSAites
July, 2020 in the University of Nigeria is a month that marked the beginning of a series of elections in the University community. Different Faculties have had their Deanship elections and various Deans have emerged.
Today the 9th of July, 2020 was the turn of the Faculty of Medical Sciences to choose her Leader. Indeed it was one of the most competitive elections in the history of FMS.
Two of our wonderful academic fathers had to take the bull by its horn. As we all know both of them are more than capable for this position but one person had to emerge.
We are delighted to announce that the Elections Committee at the University of Nigeria has announced Prof. Cajetan Chigozie Onyedum as Dean Faculty of Medical Sciences for a two-year term, beginning this month of July and ending in August 2022.
Prof. Cajetan Onyedum is a Professor of Pulmonology in internal medicine. He has served in so many positions both within and outside UNTH. He was a;
- Co Principal Investigator of the HIV Program at UNTH
- Member of the Medical Education Partnership Initiative in Nigeria (MEPIN) Team of the University of Nigeria
- Served in different departmental, faculty and university committees- continuous assessment, exmasn, admissions, curriculum review, HIV/AIDS, UNEC Staff Club, guidance and counselling e.t.c
- Secretary, nigeria Medical Association, Enugu State,
- Chairman, Nigeria Medical Association, Enugu State.
- Currently, Chairman NMA National Standing Committee on Medical Education and Standards
- Member of the Expert ministerial Committee for health sector in response to COVID 19 Pandemic
As one Great Body, we wish to congratulate Prof. Cajetan Onyedum on his emergence as the Dean, Faculty of Medical Science University of Nigeria Nsukka. We look forward to working with you Sir and we pray that your tenure will be the finest there ever was.
Congratulations Sir. Thank you.
Rt. Hon. Nwonye Brian [Braxy]
Rt. Hon. Iferikigwe Victor Chidera – UNMSA PRO
Rt. Hon. Agubama Francis Fimbar- Asst. UNMSA PRO