1) During denaturation, proteins will not lose their structure, with regard to
Proteins wont lose the PRIMARY STRUCTURE during denaturation
2) The characteristic features of the peptide bond include all of the following, except
'always has a cis configuration" is obviously not a characteristic feature of the peptide bond
3) The force maintaining the primary structure of a protein
Peptide bonds is the force maintaining the primary structure of a protein
4) The amino acid which did not allow formation of alpha-helix
Proline does not allow formation of alpha helix
5) One of the following proteins does not have a quaternary structure
Albumin does not have a quaternary structure
6) An example of a lyase is:
Fumarase is the only lyase in the option
7) Digestive enzymes belong to the class of:
Digestive enzymes belong to the class of hydrolases
8) All of the following metalloenzymes contain copper, except
Glutathione peroxidase is the only enzyme in the options that does not contain copper
9) All compounds listed below act as competitive inhibitors of enzymes, except
Fluoride is not a competitive inhibitor
10) Iodoacetate inhibit enzyme by reacting with which particular group?
It inhibits enzyme by reacting with sulfhydryl
11) Glucose and galactose are:
They are both epimers
12) D-mannose is:
D-mannose is the 2nd epimer of glucose
13) A pair of sugars differing from each other in the functional group is called
They are simply anomers
14) Reducing sugars are differentiated from non-reducing sugars by:
Benedict's test is the answer
15) All the following have glycosidic bond, except:
N-acetylglucosamine has no glycosidic bond
16) All the following are homopolysaccharides, except
Heparin is not a homopolysaccharide. It is a heteropolysaccharide.
17) Which of the following is not a phospholipid
Cerebroside is the answer. It is a non-phosphorylated lipid
18) Which of the following lipids is not present in vegetable oils
Cholesterol is the answer. It not present in vegetable oils
19) Sphingomyelin on hydrolysis yields all the following, except,
It does not yield Glucose.
20) A ganglioside on hydrolysis gives all the following except:
Glycerol is the correct answer
21) Which of the following is a dietary essential
Linolenic acid is the correct answer. They are dietary essential because the cannot be synthesized by the body and have to be supplied in the diet
22) Which of the following is not an amphipathic molecule
23) Which contains copper?
Cytochrome oxidase is the correct answer. It contains copper
24) All are true with ATP synthase, except:
Proton flow is from F1 to F0 is the correct answer.
25) Enzymes may be used for the following, except
Enzymes are obviously not nutrients
26) Which enzyme requires chloride ion as activator?
Amylase is the correct answer
27) Enzymes bind substrate:
"by covalent bonds" is the correct answer.
28) Which of the following is a folate antagonist in eukaryocytes?
Amethopetrine is the correct answer.
29) The protein having predominantly alpha helical structure is:
Collagen is the correct answer.
30) How many peptided bonds are present in glutathione
Glutathione has 3 peptide bonds