We are not just medical students, We are UNMSAites and this means more
...GOD CREATES, WE PRESERVE
The University of Nigeria Medical Students’ Association (UNMSA), established in the 1970s is the representative body for all medical students in the prestigious College of Medicine, University of Nigeria. The annual numerical strength of the Association is over a thousand students from 200 level to 600 level, from different religious, cultural and ethnic background, from every geopolitical region of Nigeria. UNMSA has a Public Health Programme where she engages in Health awareness, Sports, Social and advocacy issues. She coordinates relevant training and capacity development campaigns among Nigerian Students. She also provides opportunities for medical students to undertake research in other institution Worldwide and also has a certified jounal title “MEDIKKA”. The Association pursues her aims without Political, Religious, Social, Tribal or Global discrimination.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To respect and obey the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the regulations of the University of Nigeria.
- To foster and protect the interest of members, which is not contrary to the provisions of the constitution
- To promote discipline, social and intellectual life among members
- To establish effective communication with the University and College Officials so that the rights, liberties, privileges and obligations of the Medical Students are maintained and protected.
- To promote and maintain the dignity of the medical profession.
- To maintain contacts and co-operation with other medical students’ associations all over the country and beyond.
- To promote cordial relationship between members of the Association and all other students of the University of Nigeria
- To contribute toward the improvement of the health of the populace by mobilizing the resources of medical students
- The Associaton shall be affiliated to the Nigeria Medical Students Association(NiMSA).It is also affiliated to proper Medical Students’Association within and outside Nigeria. It shall seek cordial affiliations with Medical Councils within and outside Nigeria
- The assocation is heavily representsd in appropriate NiMSA( and other medical students’assocaition) meetings by a delegation appointed by the Executive council
There is the University of Nigeria Medical Students’ Association Government and it consists of the following;
- The Congress
- The House Of Representatives
- The Executive Council
To know more, download the UNMSA CONSTITUTION.